Boston Mills Cemetery was est in 1823, it is located on Boston Mills Rd west of Chinguacousy Rd., in Caledon. The iron gates pictured above were constructed in 1932 by William Stuart. The original cemetery is on the east side of the property from the top of the hill down towards Chinguacousy Rd. The west side is the current cemetery which is still active. At the top of the hill there is also a building which was originally a school (S.S #8) School Section 8. In 1964 the school was closed and the building was turned into a mortuary vault for the cemetery to hold the deceased over the winter months.
This is the first burial at Boston Mills Cemetery, it is the grave of David Williams who died in 1823 at 29 years of age while felling a tree for the construction of his cabin. His body was wrapped in the bark of the tree that killed him and he was buried on the top of this hill which is part of the original cemetery.