Sunday, November 28, 2010

Harrisons United Weslayan Methodist Cemetery

Harrison's United Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery

Damaged Harrison Family Monument
Burial site of Emmanuel Harrison Sr.
who deeded the land on May 2, 1840.

Kerr Family Monument

Hidden Monument for the three
McLaughlin  children
Ada Maria aged 7.
Ann aged 3
infant son aged 8 days

Posted by Picasa
The Harrison's United Wesleyan Methodist Church Cemetery is located on the west side of Torbram Rd, north of North Park Dr., in Brampton.  It was est in 1821, the church which was est. in 1876 is across the road on the east side of Torbram Rd., and is now a reformed synagogue.  

  Some of the monuments and head stones are badly damaged or hidden in the bush around the cemetery's perimeter.  

One family monument for Lindsay found in the brush at the north end of the cemetery has the names of 6 children. Three dying in June 1856 and another three dying in June of 1876. A seventh child , Herbert, died in 1909 at the age of 29. Both parents out lived  six of their children, dying  in the late 1890's. 

The last burial took place in 2003 for the Nixon family.

No comments:

Post a Comment