|The Founding of Brampton|
|Gates of Old Brampton Cemetery|
The Old Brampton Cemetery, est 1837, is located on Main St (Hwy 10) north of Vodden Rd, in the City of Brampton. It sits on the east side of Main St in front of a plaza. The area is very well maintained by the City of Brampton and is the burying place of the the founding families of the area. Family names such as Lawson and Elliot are very prominent in this cemetery. Both families originally hailing from Brampton England were very influential in renaming the settlement of Buffy's Corners to that of Brampton.