|Ebenezer Primitive Methodist Chapel|
|Cairn with Pioneer Headstones|
|Reverse Side of Cairn|
|Headstone of John & James Smith|
Ebenezer Primitive Methodist Cemetery, aka Ebenezer United Church Cemetery is located on east side of The Gore Road, north of Hwy 7 in Brampton directly next to The Gore Center. The cemetery was established in 1848 on land deed by James Sleigholm and his wife Ann to be used for a church site and burying ground for the small sum of 5 shillings. The chapel was established circa 1858 and is located on the north west corner of the property. The earliest registered death is that of John Smith, stepson of James Sleighholm who drowned in 1838. His remains were buried in another location and were moved to this site in 1848 after the death of his brother James. Prior to 1848 burials took place at Hilltop Gore Cemetery. In 1933 there were 93 registered burial for this cemetery, the last being in the early 1900's. The site today is a designated heritage site and the chapel is no longer used for services.